Screencast

Which definition website is reliable

Introduction

Hi, everyone, my name is keren, I'm 18 years old.

I'm going to show you how to use one of the websites, that I’m using has a Social Science student, that help me a lot with understanding.

So, for myself I have been studying Social Science for 2 years now, at Ahuntsic College. Social Science can get you in a lot of different programs in university

Social Science can get you in a lot of different programs in university.

Me personally, I'm studying in this program to be able to get into the Law program in university. I want to become a lawyer, in this field, there are a lot of complicated terms and words that are hard to pronouns, and understand.

If I want to achieve my works properly, I will have to be able to use those words correctly and make sure I understand them.

So let's get to the website.

The Problem

If ever you make a mistake while putting the words on the search bar.

They will automatically give you words that are similar to the words that you put on the search bar

For example, i'm going to make a mistake,

You will automatically found the right word

The Quest

First off all, we're going to go at the top of the screen, and add a new tab, at the top of the screen I the middle, we are going to add on the address bar the URL of the website, which is Merriam-webster.com.

In the top left corner of the screen, you will see the logo, under the address bar, you have the navigation menu, under the navigation menu, you will have the search bar we're you can put the word that you're looking for, first you have the regular dictionary, and after you have the thesaurus, for the synonyms

The Solution

For example, in Social Science we are using the term anthropology, they will give you the gender, and under that you will have the microphone, where you can hear how to spell the words. Under the microphone, you will have the definition, they will automatically give you one definition, and depending on the words that you are looking for, they will probably give you more than one definition. I'm going to use the scroll bar. The other section of the website it's this part, they are giving you other words from the words that you are looking for. The second one will be the origin of the words that you are looking for if ever you are looking for more information than only the definition, you can check this. The third one, they will give you example of sentences with the words that you are looking for in it. The last one, is the learn more part, you can check it if ever you want to learn more about the words.

The Conclusion

So, that's it I hope that this video will be useful for you has it is for me

Thanks you for watching and have a nice day.

**************************************************************

Statistics

Word count: 505

Total MP3 length: 02:43

Target structure count: 8

Error count: 7

Error density: 2%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Science Glossary

why did i choose this program ?